PayPal is great. And until today, it was the only way to get paid by DistroKid.
But PayPal adds an extra step:
DistroKid → PayPal → Your Bank.
Today we’re introducing a suite of new payout options that help streamline the way artists get paid.
See below for a complete list of DistroKid’s payout options, and the fees charged by our banks & payment providers (which are deducted from the amount you receive):
- ACH (U.S. only) — Also known as “direct deposit.” The money goes straight into your bank account. This is how most employers in the U.S. pay their employees. Fee is only $1 per payment.
- eCheck (U.S.) — This is like ACH, but reflects as a check in your bank account. $1.50 per payment.
- eCheck (non-U.S.) — Same as eCheck above, but $5.00 per payment.
- Check — That’s right! We can mail you a paper check. Old school, keepin’ it real. $3 per check.
- PayPal — Fast, cheap, works in most countries. $1 plus 2% of the payment amount with a total ceiling of $2 in the U.S. or $21 outside the U.S. Amounts over $10,000 will be split into separate payments.
- Wire Transfer (U.S.) — $15 per payment.
- Wire Transfer (International in local currency) — $20 per payment.
- Wire Transfer (International in USD) — $26 per payment.
By offering more payout flexibility than any other music distributor, coupled with DistroKid’s unmatched payment-splitting service, we hope to simplify payment flows for the entire industry.
As always, DistroKid does not take a percentage. DistroKid artists keep 100% of earnings from sales & streams.
To set up your payout preferences, visit:
Thanks for reading.