DistroKid can split earnings from any song or album. And automatically send those earnings to your collaborators.
That means musicians can easily share earnings with producers, beat makers, featured artists, and anyone else.
Just specify a collaborator’s email address and what percentage of earnings you want them to receive. Then DistroKid will make sure they get paid for every stream and download.
You never have to worry about accounting, and you never have to send money to anyone. We do it for you.
A few other cool things:
- You can add unlimited collaborators to any track.
- You can change the splits any time.
- You can add or remove collaborators any time.
- You can go back in time and see any previous splits.
- For privacy, collaborators can only see what percentage they get. They can’t see who your other collaborators are, or what percentage other folks are getting.
- Your collaborators will need to make a DistroKid account but they’ll get a 50% discount, so it’s only 10 bucks.
Automatic splits are great for artists. They’re powerful labels, too. That’s because accounting is hard and not fun. So let DistroKid’s automated robots do it for you (with all due respect to any human accountants reading this).
We soft-launched splits around a year ago. But we’re announcing it more widely today. It’s called “Teams” because you’re essentially setting up a team of collaborators for any song.
Happy to announce that DistroKid members have created 300,000 teams so far.
We hope our splits feature makes life easier for DistroKid artists & labels. And helps ensure that more artists get paid.
Thanks for reading and please enjoy.