The festive season can be joyous and fun, but for someone stressful and lonely. As a polarising time, winter put our mood lower than normal and especially who suffer of depression can find this period quite challenging. Some might not have a family or friends who are able to join and can feel incredibly lonely. The cold weather can be very challenging for elderly and homeless people that can even die as the result of freezing conditions.
At the Fund we hope that all our PRS members will keep safe and warm during this period and prepared for all kind of adversities. Here some useful help we provide with our partnerships:
- If you need help during this period of cold weather, we provide the WINTER HEATING SCHEME, which runs during the months of October 2019 until March 2020. The scheme is available to help you and your dependents who are elderly, sick or vulnerable stay warm this winter, by providing contributions towards heating bills. For more info please contact us on 020 3741 4067 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have housing issues – whether that’s finding an affordable place to live, or difficulties with rent arrears – SHELTER can help you with heir advice, support and legal services. To get in touch please visit shelter.org.uk/gethelp where you can access online advice, speak to an adviser through webchat, or find details of your local face-to-face service. Or call the urgent helpline 0808 800 4444 and let them know you are a PRS Fund member.
- HELP MUSICIAN UK provide dedicated mental health support to members through Music Minds Matter – a free and confidential 24/7 mental health support line and service for the music industry. If you are struggling to cope, contact on 0808 802 8008 or email MMM@helpmusicians.org.uk
- If you’re struggling with your debts, STEPCHANGE DEBT CHARITY can take a completely impartial look at your full financial situation and recommend the best way to deal with them from the many solutions available. They’ll also help you build a budget with a tailored action plan and all the support you need. You can find out more at stepchange.org or call 0800 138 1111.
The following links may be useful as well:
- They say “knowledge is power”. Here some resources with information to help you understand more about depression and some lifestyle changes which may help you. www.blurtitout.org/resources
Please note we are closed over the Christmas period from close of business on 24th December 2019 until we re-open on 2nd January 2020. We will try to respond to all email enquiries as soon as possible once we resume work.
Wishing you a lovely festive break.
– the PRS Members’ Fund Team –
The post Tips for the festive season appeared first on PRS Members' Fund.